cassandra-user mailing list archives

From indika kumara <indika.k...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: In the ‘Cassandra.Iface’ interface, is it correct to call ‘void set_keyspace()’ prior to ‘login()’?
Date Sun, 30 Jan 2011 18:18:03 GMT
This issue came when I was trying to implement an idea listed at [
http://wiki.apache.org/cassandra/MultiTenant] – Namespaces. I thought the
namespace can be the tenant’s domain name provided though username (e.g.
foo@bar.com) or can be returned through authentication backend on login. For
both cases, calling ‘login’ prior to ‘set_keyspace’ is required.

The ‘CassandraServer.java’’s ‘set_keyspace()’ checks the availability of a
given keyspace. Here, prior to pass the keyspace, it has to be modified.
Any solutions? I would like to create a JIRA for the idea with a working
patch.

Highly appreciate the suggestions for implementing the aforementioned idea
listed in the wiki.

Thanks,

Indika