cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Dave Viner <davevi...@gmail.com>
Subject upgrading to 0.7 from 0.6.x
Date Tue, 11 Jan 2011 17:59:18 GMT
Hi all,

I'm reading the upgrading notes in the NEWS.txt file, but I don't see
how/where the data from the 0.6 cluster is actually migrated.

Current, in the file, it says:

The process to upgrade is:
    1) run "nodetool drain" on _each_ 0.6 node.  When drain finishes (log
       message "Node is drained" appears), stop the process.
    2) Convert your storage-conf.xml to the new cassandra.yaml using
       "bin/config-converter".
    3) Rename any of your keyspace or column family names that do not adhere
       to the '^\w+' regex convention.
    4) Start up your cluster with the 0.7 version.
    5) Initialize your Keyspace and ColumnFamily definitions using
       "bin/schematool <host> <jmxport> import".  _You only need to do
       this to one node_.

I assume the instructions in step 5 refer to new 0.7 node, not the 0.6 node.

Is the idea to install 0.7 alongside the 0.6 instance or to replace
the entire machine/node with a new node running 0.7?  If so, is there
a step 1b, which is "install 0.7 code & executables" ?

Thanks

Dave Viner