cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Aaron Morton <>
Subject Re: memory size and disk size prediction tool
Date Thu, 20 Jan 2011 21:49:51 GMT
Not that I know of, do you have an existing test system you can use as a baseline ?

For memory have a read of the JVM Heap Size section here
You will also want to have some memory for disk caching and the os. 8 or 12gb feels like a
good start.

For disk capacity I just did some regular old guess work, and multipled my number by 1.25
cover the on disk overhead. You also want to avoid using more than 50% of the local disk space,
due to
compaction and the way the disk performance falls away. There is more info available here

How much throughout do you need? How much redundancy do you need? How much data do you
plan to store?

Hope that helps