cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Aaron Morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: Upgrading from 0.6 to 0.7.0
Date Thu, 20 Jan 2011 21:19:31 GMT
I'm not sure if your suggesting running a mixed mode cluster there, but AFAIK the changes to
the internode protocol prohibit this. The nodes will probable see each either via gossip,
but the way the messages define their purpose (their verb handler) has been changed.

Out of interest which is more painful, stopping the cluster and upgrading it or upgrading
your client code?

Aaron