cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Aaron Morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: Does Major Compaction work on dropped CFs? Doesn't seem so.
Date Tue, 25 Jan 2011 02:01:02 GMT
An alternative is to force a full GC through JConsole.

Am wondering out loud if we can add a JMX Operation to delete unneeded SSTables without needing
to kick of GC.

Aaron

On 25 Jan, 2011,at 02:41 PM, buddhasystem <potekhin@bnl.gov> wrote:

Thanks for the note,

yes, I do know what files I don't need anymore. And, I do realize the
difference between grace period of CFs, and garbage collection (or at least
I hope I do).

On the face value, documentation wasn't precise enough about JVM GC taking
care of dropped CFs. I understand this is why "nodetool compact" didn't have
the desired effect. I guess I'll have to do manual deletion after all.

Maxim