cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Aaron Morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: Does Major Compaction work on dropped CFs? Doesn't seem so.
Date Tue, 25 Jan 2011 21:14:24 GMT
You can run JConsole on your workstation and connect remotely to the nodes, it does not need
to be run on the node itself. Connecting is discussed here http://wiki.apache.org/cassandra/MemtableThresholds and
some help for connecting is here http://wiki.apache.org/cassandra/JmxGotchas

There is also a Web front end for the JMX service http://wiki.apache.org/cassandra/Operations#Monitoring_with_MX4J

And a recent discussion on different way to monitor a node http://www.mail-archive.com/user@cassandra.apache.org/msg08100.html If
you did through there is some talk about a JMX<>REST bridge.

Hope that helps.
Aaron