cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Timo Nentwig <timo.nent...@toptarif.de>
Subject Re: Multiple indexes - how does Cassandra handle these internally?
Date Fri, 21 Jan 2011 15:56:46 GMT
On Jan 21, 2011, at 16:46, Maxim Potekhin wrote:

> But Timo, this is even more mysterious! If both conditions are met, at least
> something must be returned in the second query. Have you tried this in CLI?
> That would allow you to at least alleviate client concerns.

I did this on the CLI only so far. So value comparison on the index seems to be done differently
than in the nested loop...or something. Don't know, don't know the code base well enough to
debug this down to the very bottom either. But it's actually only a CF with 2 cols (AsciiType
and IntegerType) and a command in the CLI so not too time-consuming to reproduce.