cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Aaron Morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: Embedded Cassandra server startup question
Date Thu, 20 Jan 2011 21:32:20 GMT
Do you have a full error stack?

That error is raised when the schema is added to an internal static map. There is a lot of
static state so it's probably going to make your life easier if you can avoid reusing the
JVM.

Im guessing your errors comes from AbstractCassandraDaemon.setup() calling DatabaseDescriptor.loadSchemas()
. It may be possible to work around this issue, but I don't have time today. Let me know how
you get on.

Aaron

On 21/01/2011, at 12:46 AM, Roshan Dawrani <roshandawrani@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am using Cassandra for a Grails application and in that I start the embedded server
when the Spring application context gets built.

> When I run my Grails app test suite - it first runs the integration and then functional
test suite and it builds the application text individually for each phase.

> When it brings the up the embedded Cassandra server in 2nd phase (for functional tests),
it fails saying "Attempt to assign id to existing column family."

> Anyone familiar with this error? Is it because both the test phases are executed in the
same JVM instance and there is some Cassandra meta-data from phase 1 server start that is
affecting the server startup in 2nd phase?