cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Aaron Morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: Is there a concept of a session
Date Tue, 18 Jan 2011 10:55:53 GMT
There are no cookies in thrift.

All connection state is managed by the server. It's a tcp connection. Multiple request are
sent over it,it stays around as long as the client wants it to.

Try the Hector mailing list for details on it's implementation.
Aaron
On 18/01/2011, at 11:15 PM, indika kumara <indika.kuma@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks Aaron...  Hector cannot uses strategies such as cookies for maintaining session,
so it has to make the authentication call each time?  In the Cassandra server, I see 'ThreadLocal<ClientState>'.
 It keeps the session information?  How long is a session alive?  Does the connection means
a TCP connection?  is it a persistent connection - send and receive multiple requests/responses?

> Thanks,
>
> Indika
>
> On Tue, Jan 18, 2011 at 3:48 PM, Aaron Morton <aaron@thelastpickle.com> wrote:
> I'm just going to assume Hector is doing the right thing, and you probably can as well
:)

> Have you checked out the documentation here ?
> http://www.riptano.com/sites/default/files/hector-v2-client-doc.pdf
>
> (also yes the session is server side, each connection has a thread on the server it connects
to)

> Aaron
>
> On 18/01/2011, at 10:40 PM, indika kumara <indika.kuma@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Aaron,
>>
>> Thank you very much.
>>
>> I am going to use the hector client library. There is a method for creating a connection
for a cluster in that library. But, inside the source code, I noticed that each time it calls
'login' method. Is there a server-side session?

>> Thanks,
>>
>> Indika
>>
>> On Tue, Jan 18, 2011 at 3:07 PM, Aaron Morton <aaron@thelastpickle.com> wrote:
>> Yes, the client should maintain it's connection to the cluster. The connection holds
the login credentials and the keyspace to use.

>> This is normally managed by the client, which one are you using?
>>
>> Aaron
>> On 18/01/2011, at 9:58 PM, indika kumara <indika.kuma@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> > Hi All,
>> >
>> > Is there a concept of a session? I would like to log-in(authenticate) one time
into the Cassandra, and then subsequently access the Cassandra without authenticating again.