cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Clint Byrum <cl...@ubuntu.com>
Subject Re: Cassandra automatic startup script on ubuntu
Date Thu, 20 Jan 2011 18:03:35 GMT
On Thu, 2011-01-20 at 17:51 +0100, S├ębastien Druon wrote:
> Hello!
>

> I am using cassandra on a ubuntu machine and installed it from the
> binary found on the cassandra home page.
> However, I did not find any scripts to start it up at boot time.
>

> Where can I find this kind of script?

The debs produced by Eric Evans, and the others that I've been building,
have an init.d script in them.

You can find Eric's debs here:

http://wiki.apache.org/cassandra/DebianPackaging

Or the ones I build and test on Ubuntu releases here:

https://launchpad.net/~cassandra-ubuntu/+archive/stable

I just uploaded 0.7.0, so it will still have 0.6.8 in it while the
builds finish and the debs are published.