cassandra-user mailing list archives

From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: Would it be possible to implement query language on top of Cassandra?
Date Sun, 05 Dec 2010 08:16:52 GMT
See this discussion on the client library list
http://www.mail-archive.com/client-dev@cassandra.apache.org/msg00047.html

Aaron

On 5 Dec 2010, at 15:41, Joshua Partogi wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am still new with cassandra and from what I know so far cassandra is based on Google
BigTables model. And one thing that we can do with BigTable is query data using GQL. I tried
looking for information about query language that is built on top of cassandra and ends with
no luck. The only way we can query over data is either using Range query or Hadoop Map-Reduce.
CMIIW. Now with range query, it would be less expressive than query language while with Hadoop
Map-Reduce I have heard that it is not suitable for realtime data query. So is it possible
to implement query language on top of Cassandra? Or is MapReduce and range query the only
option we have?