cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Joshua Partogi <joshua.j...@gmail.com>
Subject Would it be possible to implement query language on top of Cassandra?
Date Sun, 05 Dec 2010 02:41:46 GMT
Hi,

I am still new with cassandra and from what I know so far cassandra is based
on Google BigTables model. And one thing that we can do with BigTable is
query data using GQL. I tried looking for information about query language
that is built on top of cassandra and ends with no luck. The only way we can
query over data is either using Range query or Hadoop Map-Reduce. CMIIW. Now
with range query, it would be less expressive than query language while with
Hadoop Map-Reduce I have heard that it is not suitable for realtime data
query. So is it possible to implement query language on top of Cassandra? Or
is MapReduce and range query the only option we have?

Thanks for the insights.

--
http://twitter.com/jpartogi <http://twitter.com/scrum8>