cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Utku Can Top├žu <u...@topcu.gen.tr>
Subject Replacing nodes of the cluster in 0.7.0-RC1
Date Sat, 04 Dec 2010 21:31:54 GMT
 Hi All,

I'm currently not happy with the hardware and the operating system of our
4-node cassandra cluster. I'm planning to move the cluster to a different
hardware/OS architecture.

For this purpose I'm planning to bring up 4 new nodes, so that each node
will be a replacement of another node in the current cluster. I would also
like to note that the IP adresses will be also changing.

As far as I remember, cassandra had been causing problems when there was an
IP change back in version 0.6?

So what steps should I take to achieve this?

Will s straight forward approach like this work?,
* drain all nodes
* copy the data files to new hosts
* change configration, seeds, datadir, tokens etc...
* bring up the cluster

Regards,
Utku