cassandra-user mailing list archives

From rambabu pakala <rampak...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: How to shutdown Cassandra?
Date Wed, 01 Dec 2010 23:20:57 GMT
Hi Aaron,

Thanks, that helped and it works.

--- On Wed, 12/1/10, Aaron Morton <aaron@thelastpickle.com> wrote:

From: Aaron Morton <aaron@thelastpickle.com>
Subject: Re: How to shutdown Cassandra?
To: user@cassandra.apache.org
Date: Wednesday, December 1, 2010, 12:18 PM

There is no "shutdown" command in cassandra, it's designed to be stopped by killing it.

The pid file is created by the *nix scripts and is not supported by the cassandra.bat file
for windows.

There have been a couple of discussions on running cassandra as a service under windows...
http://www.mail-archive.com/user@cassandra.apache.org/msg01765.html
http://www.mail-archive.com/user@cassandra.apache.org/msg04021.html
http://coderjournal.com/2010/06/run-cassandra-as-a-windows-service/

Hope that helps.
Aaron

On 02 Dec, 2010,at 06:14 AM, rambabu pakala <rampakala@yahoo.com> wrote:

Hi,

Can someone please let me know how to shutdown Cassandra on Windows Environment?

stop-server is actually kiing the Cassandra Server and I was unable to create/get a pid file
for the Cassandra process. Are there any setup steps that are needed that I am missing?

Thanks,
-Ram.