cassandra-user mailing list archives

From "Dan Hendry" <>
Subject RE: Severe Reliability Problems - 0.7 RC2
Date Mon, 20 Dec 2010 23:44:01 GMT
Thanks for all the response, I have included requested information below. As
a side note, I THINK I have fixed the problem by using "disk_access_mode:
mmap_index_only". At the very least, none of the nodes has died since
setting the option.

> What kernel version are you running?

3/4 running 2.6.32-21-server, 1/4 running 2.6.35-23-server

> Also, you're virtualized (given %steal), right?

No, %steal is 0, these are all dedicated machines

> What filesystem are you using?

> Are there any clues in /var/log/messages?

Nothing out of the ordinary

> How much swap space do you have configured?

2 GB and 24 GB of system memory.