cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Aaron Morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: Solr DataImportHandler (DIH) and Cassandra
Date Wed, 01 Dec 2010 22:54:45 GMT
Try the solr source code.
Aaron

On 30 Nov, 2010,at 01:37 PM, Mark <static.void.dev@gmail.com> wrote:

The DataSource subclass route is what I will probably be interested in. Are there are working
examples of this already out there?

On 11/29/10 12:32 PM, Aaron Morton wrote:
AFAIK there is nothing pre-written to pull the data out for you.

You should be able to create your DataSource sub class http://lucene.apache.org/solr/api/org/apache/solr/handler/dataimport/DataSource.html Using
the Hector java library to pull data from Cassandra.

I'm guessing you will need to consider how to perform delta imports. Perhaps using the secondary
indexes in 0.7* , or maintaining your own queues or indexes to know what has changed.

There is also the Lucandra project, not exactly what your after but may be of interest anyway
https://github.com/tjake/Lucandra

Hope that helps.
Aaron