cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Jeremy Hanna <jeremy.hanna1...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Cassandra won't start Java Issue Snow Leopard
Date Wed, 24 Nov 2010 18:32:30 GMT
Hmmm, I tried with a fresh copy of beta3 and it works fine now.  One thing I had that was an
issue is that in my .profile I had set a CASSANDRA_HOME a while back and forgot to remove
it.

On Nov 24, 2010, at 12:17 PM, Eric Gilmore wrote:

> For what it's worth, I had similar errors on a Windows 7 laptop with 0.7.0 beta 3.  Thought
something must be wrong with my classpath, but an installation of 0.6.8 worked fine.

it runs just fine from IntelliJ IDEA.  I had thought my own system was just somehow messed
up.  I'll do some checking and try to respond to the thread again sometime today.

> On Nov 24, 2010, at 12:08 PM, Alberto Velandia wrote:
>
>> Then I guess it has something to do with the latest update of snow leopard, what's
weird is that If i run the cassandra_helper cassandra with the cassandra ruby gem it works,
perhaps it actually has something to do with Thrift

>> On Nov 24, 2010, at 12:59 PM, Paul Targett wrote:
>>
>>> I get the same problem. I've re-installed a number of times with thrift and ensured
all Java versions correct.

>>> Install on Ubuntu and Centos works fine from same download.
>>>
>>> PT

tried the ./cassandra -f and It didn't work

:/