cassandra-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Tyler Hobbs <ty...@riptano.com>
Subject Re: Cassandra - python communication problem
Date Tue, 09 Nov 2010 18:21:41 GMT
I would recommend using pycassa 0.5.2 <http://github.com/pycassa/pycassa>for
working with 0.7.0-beta3 in python.  It's much nicer than raw Thrift, too :)

- Tyler

On Tue, Nov 9, 2010 at 12:19 PM, Jonathan Ellis <jbellis@gmail.com> wrote:

> python_cassandra-0.6.1 sure doesn't look like a package I'd expect to
> work with 0.7.
>
> On Tue, Nov 9, 2010 at 12:07 PM, Dr. Andrew Perella <ajp@eutechnyx.com>
> wrote:
> > Thanks Jonathan,
> > So it looks like the python bindings are using a deprecated non framed
> protocol. Leaving that problem aside for a moment I changed the server to
> work in non framed mode and now get a different error:
> >
> >
> > vu@vs001:~/apache-cassandra-0.7.0-beta3/interface/gen-py/cassandra$
> Cassandra-remote  -h localhost:9160 describe_keyspace systemTraceback (most
> recent call last):
> >  File "/usr/local/bin/Cassandra-remote", line 5, in <module>
> >    pkg_resources.run_script('python-cassandra==0.6.1',
> 'Cassandra-remote')
> >  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/pkg_resources.py", line 461, in
> run_script
> >    self.require(requires)[0].run_script(script_name, ns)
> >  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/pkg_resources.py", line 1194, in
> run_script
> >    execfile(script_filename, namespace, namespace)
> >  File
> "/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/python_cassandra-0.6.1-py2.6.egg/EGG-INFO/scripts/Cassandra-remote",
> line 204, in <module>
> >    pp.pprint(client.describe_keyspace(args[0],))
> >  File
> "/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/python_cassandra-0.6.1-py2.6.egg/cassandra/Cassandra.py",
> line 1006, in describe_keyspace
> >    return self.recv_describe_keyspace()
> >  File
> "/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/python_cassandra-0.6.1-py2.6.egg/cassandra/Cassandra.py",
> line 1030, in recv_describe_keyspace
> >    raise TApplicationException(TApplicationException.MISSING_RESULT,
> "describe_keyspace failed: unknown result");
> > thrift.Thrift.TApplicationException: describe_keyspace failed: unknown
> result
> >
> > Any ideas?
> > Cheers,
> > Andrew
> >
> > -----Original Message-----
> > From: Jonathan Ellis [mailto:jbellis@gmail.com]
> > Sent: 09 November 2010 17:56
> > To: user
> > Subject: Re: Cassandra - python communication problem
> >
> > You're using an unframed transport to talk to a framed server, or vice
> versa.
> >
> > On Tue, Nov 9, 2010 at 11:47 AM, Dr. Andrew Perella <ajp@eutechnyx.com>
> wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >> I have been trying to connect to Cassandra 0.7.0-beta3 via python to no
> >> avail:
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >> vu@vs001:~/apache-cassandra-0.7.0-beta3/interface/gen-py/cassandra$
> >> Cassandra-remote  -h localhost:9160 describe_keyspace system
> >>
> >> Traceback (most recent call last):
> >>
> >>   File "/usr/local/bin/Cassandra-remote", line 5, in <module>
> >>
> >>     pkg_resources.run_script('python-cassandra==0.6.1',
> 'Cassandra-remote')
> >>
> >>   File "/usr/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/pkg_resources.py", line 461, in
> >> run_script
> >>
> >>     self.require(requires)[0].run_script(script_name, ns)
> >>
> >>   File "/usr/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/pkg_resources.py", line 1194,
> in
> >> run_script
> >>
> >>     execfile(script_filename, namespace, namespace)
> >>
> >>   File
> >>
> "/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/python_cassandra-0.6.1-py2.6.egg/EGG-INFO/scripts/Cassandra-remote",
> >> line 204, in <module>
> >>
> >>     pp.pprint(client.describe_keyspace(args[0],))
> >>
> >>   File
> >>
> "/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/python_cassandra-0.6.1-py2.6.egg/cassandra/Cassandra.py",
> >> line 1006, in describe_keyspace
> >>
> >>     return self.recv_describe_keyspace()
> >>
> >>   File
> >>
> "/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/python_cassandra-0.6.1-py2.6.egg/cassandra/Cassandra.py",
> >> line 1017, in recv_describe_keyspace
> >>
> >>     (fname, mtype, rseqid) = self._iprot.readMessageBegin()
> >>
> >>   File
> >>
> "/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/Thrift-0.2.0-py2.6-linux-x86_64.egg/thrift/protocol/TBinaryProtocol.py",
> >> line 126, in readMessageBegin
> >>
> >>     sz = self.readI32()
> >>
> >>   File
> >>
> "/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/Thrift-0.2.0-py2.6-linux-x86_64.egg/thrift/protocol/TBinaryProtocol.py",
> >> line 203, in readI32
> >>
> >>     buff = self.trans.readAll(4)
> >>
> >>   File
> >>
> "/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/Thrift-0.2.0-py2.6-linux-x86_64.egg/thrift/transport/TTransport.py",
> >> line 58, in readAll
> >>
> >>     chunk = self.read(sz-have)
> >>
> >>   File
> >>
> "/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/Thrift-0.2.0-py2.6-linux-x86_64.egg/thrift/transport/TTransport.py",
> >> line 155, in read
> >>
> >>     self.__rbuf = StringIO(self.__trans.read(max(sz,
> self.DEFAULT_BUFFER)))
> >>
> >>   File
> >>
> "/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/Thrift-0.2.0-py2.6-linux-x86_64.egg/thrift/transport/TSocket.py",
> >> line 94, in read
> >>
> >>     raise TTransportException(type=TTransportException.END_OF_FILE,
> >> message='TSocket read 0 bytes')
> >>
> >> thrift.transport.TTransport.TTransportException: TSocket read 0 bytes
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >> I get similar errors for all queries.
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >> I cannot work out what is going wrong here. Can anyone help? (I need
> many of
> >> the functions only added in 0.7)
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >> Best Regards,
> >>
> >> Andrew
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >> This e-mail is confidential and may be privileged. It may be read,
> copied
> >> and used only by the intended recipient. No communication sent by e-mail
> to
> >> or from Eutechnyx is intended to give rise to contractual or other legal
> >> liability, apart from liability which cannot be excluded under English
> law.
> >>
> >> This email has been scanned for all known viruses by www.epagency.net.
> >>
> >> www.eutechnyx.com Eutechnyx Limited. Registered in England No: 2172322
> >
> >
> >
> > --
> > Jonathan Ellis
> > Project Chair, Apache Cassandra
> > co-founder of Riptano, the source for professional Cassandra support
> > http://riptano.com
> > This email has been scanned for all known viruses by the Email Protection
> Agency.
> > This e-mail is confidential and may be privileged. It may be read, copied
> and used only by the intended recipient. No communication sent by e-mail to
> or from Eutechnyx is intended to give rise to contractual or other legal
> liability, apart from liability which cannot be excluded under English law.
> >
> > This email has been scanned for all known viruses by the Email Protection
> Agency. http://www.epagency.net
> >
> >
> > www.eutechnyx.com Eutechnyx Limited. Registered in England No: 2172322
> >
>
>
>
> --
> Jonathan Ellis
> Project Chair, Apache Cassandra
> co-founder of Riptano, the source for professional Cassandra support
> http://riptano.com
>

Mime
View raw message