cassandra-user mailing list archives

From David Boxenhorn <da...@lookin2.com>
Subject Taking down a node in a 3-node cluster, RF=2
Date Sun, 28 Nov 2010 14:32:20 GMT
For the vast majority of my data usage eventual consistency is fine (i.e.
CL=ONE) but I have a small amount of critical data for which I read and
write using CL=QUORUM.

If I have a cluster with 3 nodes and RF=2, and CL=QUORUM does that mean that
a value can be read from or written to any 2 nodes, or does it have to be
the particular 2 nodes that store the data? If it is the particular 2 nodes
that store the data, that means that I can't even take down one node, since
it will be the mandatory 2nd node for 1/3 of my data...