cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Brandon Williams <>
Subject Re: Question on Hinted Handoff
Date Tue, 02 Nov 2010 05:01:27 GMT
On Mon, Nov 1, 2010 at 8:28 PM, Joe Alex <> wrote:
> My expectation was even though Node 2 was down key written to Node 3
> or 4 should be updated in Node 2 using Hint and the subsequent reads
> to Node 1 or Node 2 itself should have got the latest value

Your expectation is correct, unfortunately I broke HH in 0.6.5 with a bad
backport and it affects 0.6.6:
But, that is why we have Read Repair and AES.  It's worth noting that HH is
best effort anyway, if Node 2 was down but the failure detector hadn't
noticed yet, no hint would be created and you'd have the same behavior.

View raw message