cassandra-user mailing list archives

From "Dr. Andrew Perella" <...@eutechnyx.com>
Subject casssandra 0.7beta3, pycassa and windows client timestamps
Date Wed, 17 Nov 2010 22:23:22 GMT
I have encountered a strange problem with values not being written to Cassandra very often.
It looks like it is a windows client timestamp problem. I cannot detect a pattern as to when
a timestamp will allow an update however if I run my client (in a web server) on linux then
the problem goes away.

Has anyone seen anything like this or will I need to delve deeper into thift?

FYI I am using pythons int(time.time()*1e6) as a timestamp

Best Regards,
Andrew
This e-mail is confidential and may be privileged. It may be read, copied and used only by
the intended recipient. No communication sent by e-mail to or from Eutechnyx is intended to
give rise to contractual or other legal liability, apart from liability which cannot be excluded
under English law.

This email has been scanned for all known viruses by the Email Protection Agency. http://www.epagency.net

www.eutechnyx.com Eutechnyx Limited. Registered in England No: 2172322