cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Aaron Morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: Smart Client Routing
Date Wed, 17 Nov 2010 03:17:28 GMT
No need to worry.

I run REST requests through Varnish box > nginx / Tornaod / Python box > Cassandra cluster
and can get requests in and out of the stack in a couple of milliseconds. Using some old workstation
HW and not paying much attention to tuning.

Build it like a normal system and separate out the parts, if / when you have problems then
you can look at tuning the cassandra cluster or other parts of the stack. There are normally
a number of other issues to deal with before network IO.

Hope that helps.
Aaron