cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Brayton Thompson <thomp...@grnoc.iu.edu>
Subject Question about load balancing.
Date Tue, 16 Nov 2010 21:56:22 GMT
.7 beta 2 here
I've been reading about load balancing and some sites seem to imply that using the random
partitioner will keeps your nodes fairly well balanced. I am
using a 3 node cluster. 1 seed and two others with AutoBootstrap on.

Now i have read that autobootstrap can leave your nodes unbalanced, but doesn't that only
effect existing data? So all new data should be distributed evenly from here on out?

This is not what I am experiencing, so I must be wrong. Of the three nodes, one is twice as
big as another and the third has less than 1% of total data. I have inserted roughly 1.5 million
rows into a single CF totaling roughly 600 mb's in data. Is this too small to be a good test?

Thank you for your time.