cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Alaa Zubaidi <alaa.zuba...@pdf.com>
Subject using SimpleAuthenticator is not working
Date Sat, 13 Nov 2010 01:07:33 GMT
using SimpleAuthenticator is not working with me in beta 3

I am doing the following:

·In Cassandra.yaml Set
authenticator: org.apache.cassandra.auth.SimpleAuthenticator
·Add username and password to passwd.proprties
·Add username to keyspace and column family permission in access.proprties
·Add the path for passwd.proprties and access.proprties to Cassandra.bat
set CASSANDRA_PARAMS=-Dcassandra -Dcassandra-foreground=yes
-Dpasswd.properties=E:\Cassandra\Cass07b3\apache-cassandra-0.7.0-beta3\conf\passwd.properties

-Daccess.properties=E:\Cassandra\Cass07b3\apache-cassandra-0.7.0-beta3\conf\access.properties

·Use login() to login to Cassandra in the application:
Map<String, String> creds = new HashMap<String, String>();
creds.put("user1", "pwd1");
AuthenticationRequest Auth = newAuthenticationRequest(creds);
_client.login(Auth);

its giving me an error, with no message, and if I try to do any thing
its giving me "I am not logged in" error.
Is there any thing I am missing?

Thanks,
--
Alaa Zubaidi