cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Dmitri Smirnov <dsmir...@netflix.com>
Subject Re: Describe keyspace output
Date Mon, 08 Nov 2010 23:09:20 GMT
On 11/08/2010 11:40 AM, Aaron Morton wrote:
> Dmitri,
> Not exactly sure which two lines you are referring to to but...
>
> "Subcolumns sorted by: org.apache.cassandra.db.marshal.LongType" -
> means the column name on the second level of columns in your Super
> Column Family will be sorted as Long integers.

This is not what I expect because I say comparator = 'LongType' and
subcomparator = 'UTF8Type'

I think the above is stated in the below line where 2 types are
mentioned together.

Columns sorted by:
org.apache.cassandra.db.marshal.LongType/org.apache.cassandra.db.marshal.UTF8Type

this,  of course, then raises a question about the below line because if
true, it is not what I specified.

Subcolumns sorted by: org.apache.cassandra.db.marshal.LongType

thanks,
Dmitri

--
Dmitri Smirnov