cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Eric Rosenberry <>
Subject Experiences with Cassandra hardware planning
Date Mon, 25 Oct 2010 03:16:53 GMT

Over the past nine months I have been working to tune our hardware
configuration to optimally balance CPU/RAM/disk/iops/network per node for
our Cassandra workload.  Thanks much to those here who have provided helpful

I wanted to share back to the community some of the learnings we have come
across including the hardware configuration we have been successful with
(YMMV).  This is still a work in progress naturally.

I have written up a detailed blog post about this here:

Here are the highlights:

   - Dell C1100 "cloud series" servers with 10x 2.5 inch drive bays
   - OCZ Technology Vertex 2 MLC SSD's with the Sandforce 1200 series
   - Arista Networks 7048 1U Top of Rack switches running MLAG with LACP to
   the hosts

Let me know if you have any questions!

View raw message