cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Ned Wolpert <ned.wolp...@imemories.com>
Subject Hector question under cassandra 0.7
Date Wed, 20 Oct 2010 16:13:18 GMT
Folks-

  I'm finally upgrading the grails-cassandra plugin for 0.7, and wanted to
understand a bit more on the usage of the Cluster and KeyspaceOperator . Is
the cluster object retrieved from HFactor.createCluster() thread safe, and
is the KeyspaceOperator required to only be in one thread? Or are both
thread safe objects? My assumption is I can call createCluster any time as
it will only create one cluster object. I'm trying to decide if the
KeyspaceOperator should be unique to each thread (threadlocal variable) or
unique to each web request.

  Thanks

--
Virtually, Ned Wolpert

"Settle thy studies, Faustus, and begin..."   --Marlowe