cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Peter Schuller <peter.schul...@infidyne.com>
Subject Re: What happens if there is a collision?
Date Thu, 21 Oct 2010 18:03:30 GMT
> My question is: is node E notified that it lost the battle against A? If yes
> how?
>
> If not, then it means that, although writes are atomic, they would not be
> deterministic. Node E would have to verify that its write was successful...

Quorom is not really a special case in that sense; it just tells how
many nodes must ack the operation. The conflict resolution of columns
proceed as usual and data replicate as usual. Node E would do the same
conflict resolution as other nodes whenever it sees the write,
regardless of that was because it was in the original chosen quorom
set, or it was given the right a bit later in the background, or it
happened during anti-entropy etc.

--
/ Peter Schuller