cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Michael Moores <mmoo...@real.com>
Subject Re: 0.7.0-beta2 and Hadoop
Date Thu, 14 Oct 2010 17:06:11 GMT
Ok I moved back to hadoop 20.2 and the WordCount example is doing better.
But I am still seeing a problem, that may be due to my lack of experience w/ hadoop.
I am running "hadoop jar..." on my JobTracker/NameNode machine, which is not running Cassandra.
I have DataNode/TaskTracker running on all cassandra nodes, with my ConfigHelper set up to
talk to cassandra on localhost.
When I run the job, I see it can't connect:  (I renamed the main class to "ProfileStats")

[hadoop@kv-app01 test]$ hadoop jar hadoop-cassandra-0.0.1-SNAPSHOT.jar com.real.uds.hadoop.ProfileStats
xyz -libjars ./cassandra-0.7.0-beta2.jar ./libthrift-r959516.jar
10/10/14 09:57:57 INFO hadoop.ProfileStats: main: adding jars...
10/10/14 09:57:58 INFO hadoop.ProfileStats: output reducer type: filesystem
10/10/14 09:57:58 INFO hadoop.ProfileStats: main: adding jars AGAIN...
Exception in thread "main" java.io.IOException: unable to connect to server
        at org.apache.cassandra.hadoop.ColumnFamilyInputFormat.createConnection(ColumnFamilyInputFormat.java:205)
..
Caused by: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused

Should I expect my job to be executed on the TaskTracker nodes?