cassandra-user mailing list archives

From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: Question about bootstrapping
Date Wed, 13 Oct 2010 12:16:33 GMT
AFAIK it uses the value returned via nodetool ring or info, which is also the load reported
against the StorageService in JMX. This  is the sum of the live disk space used for each CF.

The best approach though is to manually assign the tokens to your nodes, and bring the nodes
up with auto bootstrap off.

The Operations page on the wiki has information on the Bootstrap process, Token Selection
and Load Balancing http://wiki.apache.org/cassandra/Operations

Aaron

On 14 Oct 2010, at 00:17, Maxim Grinev wrote:

> What parameters does Cassandra analyze to pick the most-loaded node to determine the
position for a new node during bootstrapping? I would like to understand the exact parameters,
not just an idea.