cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Nicholas Knight <nkni...@runawaynet.com>
Subject Re: How can build Bond graph?
Date Sat, 23 Oct 2010 13:10:58 GMT
I certainly don't think it would be a problem, but your use case ("social network") is very
vague. If you described particular operations that you're concerned about, we might be able
to either better assuage your fears, or offer coherent suggestions for alternative strategies.

Another good thing you could do, is to go and build a simplified prototype and run some synthetic
performance tests on it to identify specific problem areas.

-NK

On Oct 23, 2010, at 7:10 PM, ruslan usifov wrote:

> And how about 100.000? this also have no problem??? Something I can not believe
>
> 2010/10/23 Tyler Hobbs <tyler@riptano.com>
> Unless one user has several hundred million friends, this shouldn't be a problem.
>
> - Tyler
>

> On Fri, Oct 22, 2010 at 3:00 PM, ruslan usifov <ruslan.usifov@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello
>
> Does anybody have receipt how possible effectively hold  Bond graph in cassandra. For
example relations between users in social networks(friendship).
> Simplest that comes to mind is follow keyspace
>
> <Keyspace Name="test_1">
>   <ColumnFamily Name="friends" CompareWith="LongType"  />
> </Keyspace>
>

> But this have a minus, if one user have many many friends, and all relations for this
one user will by hold on one node. What kind of data design should i use to avoid problem?