cassandra-user mailing list archives

From kannan chandrasekaran <ckanna...@yahoo.com>
Date Sat, 16 Oct 2010 01:16:44 GMT
Hi All,

I have a query regarding the insert operation. The insert operation by default
inserts an new row or updates an existing row. Is it possible to prevent an
update but allow only inserts automatically  ( especially when multiple clients
are writing to cassandra)?  I was wondering if there is any flag in cassandra
that will validate this for me automatically ( something like unique key
constraint) ? If not, is it non-trivial to implement this ? Any suggestions
would be helpful.

Thanks
Kannan