cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Jeremy Hanna <jeremy.hanna1...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Cassandra + Pig + PHP
Date Wed, 06 Oct 2010 10:16:15 GMT
> PHP: I basicaly need to start pig program from a php script (via thrift or something..?)

Can't you just execute a Pig script with PHP by calling Pig with a PHP exec function call?
 I'm not sure what you're trying to do with it, but that's one way you could do it.

> PIG: there is a LoadFunc that loads data from Cassandra, is there also a StoreFunc?

There is not currently a StoreFunc written.  If you would like to see one, you could create
a Jira ticket under the Hadoop component so that it can be added to the queue for the future.
 I know it has been talked about but there's nothing currently in Jira for it.  Even better,
if you'd like to roll up your sleeves and implement it - attaching a patch to the Jira ticket,
that would be welcome too :).  https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA