cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Allan Carroll <alla...@gmail.com>
Subject Retrieving dead node's token from system keyspace
Date Thu, 07 Oct 2010 21:22:55 GMT
Hey all,

I had a node go down that I'm not able to get a token for from nodetool ring.

The wiki says:

"You can obtain the dead node's token by running nodetool ring on any live node, unless there
was some kind of outage, and the others came up but not the down one -- in that case, you
can retrieve the token from the live nodes' system tables."

But, I can't for the life of me figure out how to get the system keyspace to give up the secret.
All attempts end up in:

ERROR [pool-1-thread-2] 2010-10-07 21:20:44,865 Cassandra.java (line 1280) Internal error
processing get_slice
java.lang.RuntimeException: No replica strategy configured for system

Can someone point me at a good way to get the token?

Thanks
-Allan