cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Rob Coli <rc...@digg.com>
Subject Re: using too much RAM
Date Fri, 15 Oct 2010 00:06:05 GMT
On 10/14/10 12:44 PM, B. Todd Burruss wrote:
 > >> INFO 16:46:06,875 DiskAccessMode 'auto' determined to be mmap,
 >> indexAccessMode is mmap
> thx, it does say that in the log, but that is probably just a reflection
> of whatever is read from cassandra.yaml.

Having read the relevant code, the log message is from where Cassandra
picks how to try to write and sets the relevant internal variables. It
seems unlikely to me that Cassandra would work at all if it was trying
to use mmap (as it is) and somehow mmapping was failing, but I am not an
expert on how Cassandra might handle this case.

=Rob