cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Brayton Thompson <thomp...@grnoc.iu.edu>
Subject Re: Clustering in .7 beta 2
Date Tue, 12 Oct 2010 18:11:57 GMT
# Frame size for thrift (maximum field length).
# 0 disables TFramedTransport in favor of TSocket. This option
# is deprecated; we strongly recommend using Framed mode.
thrift_framed_transport_size_in_mb: 15

# The max length of a thrift message, including all fields and
# internal thrift overhead.
thrift_max_message_length_in_mb: 16

These were fresh installs, not upgrades.

On Oct 12, 2010, at 2:01 PM, andy C wrote:

> Juts in case in (This got me upgrading).  What are:
>
> thrift_framed_transport_size_in_mb: 15
> thrift_max_message_length_in_mb: 16
>
> Set to ?  I've seen thrift_framed_transport_size_in_mb set to 0 after an upgrade which
will cause faults.

> Andy
>

> On 12 Oct 2010, at 16:40, Brayton Thompson wrote:
>
>> I'm having some issues getting three nodes to cluster together in .7 beta 2.
>>
>> Seed: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
>> other node Y:  yyy.yyy.yyy.yyy
>> other node Z:  zzz.zzz.zzz.zzz
>>
>> when starting node Y this is the output... As you can see it binds thrift to localhost
even though its set as the machines ip in the cassandra.yaml file. (i had already started
the seed node which also bound thrift to localhost and not it's ip.)

>> [root@cassandra2 bin]# ./cassandra &
>> [1] 5571
>> [root@cassandra2 bin]# Using adaptive heap size:  1013M
>> INFO 15:14:03,757 JNA not found. Native methods will be disabled.
>> INFO 15:14:03,779 Loading settings from file:/cassandra/apache-cassandra/conf/cassandra.yaml
>> INFO 15:14:03,905 DiskAccessMode 'auto' determined to be standard, indexAccessMode
is standard
>> INFO 15:14:04,023 Couldn't detect any schema definitions in local storage.
>> INFO 15:14:04,025 Found table data in data directories. Consider using JMX to call
org.apache.cassandra.service.StorageService.loadSchemaFromYaml().