cassandra-user mailing list archives

From "cbertu81@libero.it" <cbert...@libero.it>
Subject R: Re: Sorting in Cassandra
Date Wed, 06 Oct 2010 07:58:53 GMT

Aaron,
first of all thanks for your time.

1. You cannot return just the super columns, you have to get their sub columns as well. The
returned data is ordered, please provide and example of where it is not.
I don't know what I did before but now I checked and data are sorted as I expected them to
be :-o.
I know I can't get a SC without their sub columns and this is ok.

2. Pull back the entire row and filter/sort the columns client side. It's not possible to
return columns of the same name from different super columns (I think that's what you are
asking). Let me know if you think you have too much data per row to do that.
Probably I explained myself wrong. What I want is to get the entire ROW back but already ordered
on the base of a specific column key and not on the base of the SCKey ... example
UID (ROW) {
    Company0 { name: zaz, address: street x, phone: 123, other cols }    Company1 { name:
abacus, address: street y, phone: 234, other cols }    Company2 { name: more, address: street
x, phone: 345, other cols }}
What I want is to get all the data back from cassandra sorted by the name of the company,
and not of the SC  ...
UID (ROW) {
     Company1 { name: abacus, address: street y, phone: 234, other cols }    Company2 { name:
more, address: street x, phone: 345, other cols }    Company0 { name: zaz, address: street
x, phone: 123, other cols }

}
As far as I know Cassandra I don't think it's possible since I cannot be sure that each SC
contains the specific Column (name), right? Is the only way to sort them on client-side?
Best Regards