cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Aaron Morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: MessagingServiceMBean does not support o.a.c.concurrent task counts
Date Wed, 29 Sep 2010 22:25:54 GMT
All good.

And I learnt the JMXEnabledThreadPoolExecutor registers itself as an mbean :)

Thanks
Aaron

On 30 Sep, 2010,at 11:15 AM, Brandon Williams <driftx@gmail.com> wrote:

On Wed, Sep 29, 2010 at 4:37 PM, Aaron Morton <aaron@thelastpickle.com> wrote:
Running the current 0.7.0-beta2 #3 build, I get the error below when checking tpstats via
node_tool.

The MessagingService is registering itself as a mbean in org.apache.cassandra.concurrent,
and the MessagingServiceMBean interface does not support the getActiveCount(), getCompletedTasks()
and getPendingTasks() functions of the IExecutorMBean.

Out of interest should it be registering the JMXEnabledThreadPoolExecutor it created on line
105, or should it be registered elsewhere?

Unfortunately, this was fixed in trunk in the commit made 4s after the one that the build
is from.  It's annoying, but not critical enough to re-roll another beta (as you said, everything
still works via JMX.)  The GCInspector will also report a similar error in the logs when
it is activated.

-Brandon