cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Ran Tavory <ran...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Cassandra for graph data structure
Date Sat, 25 Sep 2010 12:41:44 GMT
Courtney this certainly sounds interesting and as Nate suggested we're
always looking for valuable contributions.
A few things to keep in mind:
- I'm curious, as Lucas has asked - is it possible to create an
efficient graph API over cassandra and what are the tradeoffs?
- If the API is general enough and the functionality is reusable then
we'd be happy to add it to hector. If not, you can create a library
that uses hector as a layer.

On Friday, September 24, 2010, Courtney Robinson <sabco@live.co.uk> wrote:
> ?Nate & Lucas thanks for the responses.
> Nate, I think it would be asking a bit much to suggest the hector team implement convenience
methods for
> a graph representations. But if we went ahead and forked hector, I'd be sure to contribute
back what i can and just release it as another client
> or if the final product can be merged with hector...
> I'd like thoughts on any features outside my own usecase though so that we can build
it to handle other use cases as well.

> Lucas, I understand what you're saying but i've had a quick play with neo4j and the expense
we'd pay for reads offsets a lot of the