cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Peter Harrison <cheetah...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: connect to cassandra using java
Date Tue, 07 Sep 2010 18:58:18 GMT
On Wed, Sep 8, 2010 at 3:20 AM, Asif Jan <asif.jan@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi
> I need to use the low level java API in order to test bulk ingestion to
> cassandra. I have already looked at the code in contrib/bmt_example and
> contrib/client_only.
> When I try and run the following code, I get following exception ; using
> cassandra-cli I am able to see the "Keyspace1' and column family 'Standard1'
> .

On the server you need to load the schema from the yaml. To do this you will
need to use jconsole to connect and run the schema load method. You only
need to do this once on a single node.

I have written some code to load and drop keyspaces and column families
for hector; but I'm not quite happy with it yet. This will enable you
to do everything
programatically.