cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Benjamin>
Subject Re: questions on cassandra (repair and multi-datacenter)
Date Fri, 17 Sep 2010 05:56:43 GMT
On Thu, Sep 16, 2010 at 3:19 PM, Gurpreet Singh
<> wrote:
> 1.  I was looking to increase the RF to 3. This process entails changing the
> config and calling repair on the keyspace one at a time, right?
> So, I started with one node at a time, changed the config file on the first
> node for the keyspace, restarted the node. And then called a nodetool repair
> on the node.

You need to change the RF on _all_ nodes in the cluster _before_
running repair on _any_ of them.  If nodes disagree on which nodes
should have replicas for keys, repair will not work correctly.
Different RF for the same keyspace creates that disagreement.

View raw message