cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Terje Marthinussen <tmarthinus...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: about insert benchmark
Date Thu, 02 Sep 2010 08:09:02 GMT
1000 and 10000 records take too short time to really benchmark anything. You
will use 2 seconds just for stuff like tcp_windows sizes to adjust to the
level were you get throughput.

The difference between 100k and 500k is less than 10%. Could be anything.

Filesystem caches, sizes of memtables (default memcache settings flushes a
memtable when it reaches 300k entries)... difficult to say.

You should benchmark something larger than that. Need to at least to trigger
some SSTable compactions and proper Java GC work if you really want to know
what your performance is.

Terje