cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Rana Aich <aichr...@gmail.com>
Subject UnavailableException when data grows
Date Mon, 27 Sep 2010 21:18:31 GMT
Hi,

I'm having great difficulty in inserting data in 8 server Cassandra cluster
(RandomPartition with RF 2). For the first one billion the data insertion
was smooth. But slowly I'm getting Unavailable Exception from the cluster.
And now I can't put not more than 30 million data at a one stretch before
unavailable exception stops my client program.

I'm writing with ConsistencyLevel.ONE.
Previously I've inserted around 10 billion data with
OrderPreservingPartition and sometimes got TimedOutException. But now
with RandomPartition I'm getting UnavailableException more frequently.

How can I handle this kind of situation?

Rana