cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Christian Decker <decker.christ...@gmail.com>
Subject LongType from user input
Date Fri, 24 Sep 2010 15:56:17 GMT
Hi all,

I'm having quite a dilemma with the CompareWith attribute. The Problem is
that I have numeric IDs that I'd like to use as row keys, only that I also
have to offer a possibility to let users input them from std input. Since I
cannot ask my users to input an 8byte sequence representing the ID they'd
like, I was about to turn to UTF8, when I remembered that they are compared
lexicographically, so that 100 actually comes before 2, which kills key
slices. Also I cannot just code a converter in since this is supposed to be
a used with multiple columnfamilies, so just converting an integer read into
8bytes isn't going to work either.
Any tricks for this one?

Regards,
Chris