cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Peter Schuller <peter.schul...@infidyne.com>
Subject Re: Network latency on Cassandra 0.7 (TFramedTransport)
Date Fri, 17 Sep 2010 14:57:39 GMT
> The latency is about 200 ms on every request when I'm connected to another

My first thought here was that maybe you're seeing the effects of
nagle[1] + delayed acks on the other side. On Unix, normally something
like a thrift client would set TCP_NODELAY on its socket to avoid the
problem. I'm not sure whether or not this is a reasonable hypothesis
with C# + Thrift on Windows. Sorry, I don't know what the easy fix is
either but perhaps it might help dig further.

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nagle's_algorithm

--
/ Peter Schuller