cassandra-user mailing list archives

From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Monitoring with Cacti
Date Fri, 10 Sep 2010 23:29:32 GMT
Am going through the rather painful process of trying to monitor cassandra using Cacti (it's
what we use at work). At the moment it feels like a losing battle :)

Does anyone know of some cacti resources for monitoring the JVM or Cassandra metrics other
than...

mysql-cacti-templates
http://code.google.com/p/mysql-cacti-templates/
- provides templates and data sources that require ssh and can monitor JVM heap and a few
things.

Cassandra-cacti-m6
http://www.jointhegrid.com/cassandra/cassandra-cacti-m6.jsp
Coded for version 0.6* , have made some changes to stop it looking for stats that no longer
exist. Missing some metrics I think but it's probably the best bet so far. If I get it working
I'll contribute it back to them. Most of the problems were probably down the how much effort
it takes to setup cacti.

jmxterm
http://www.cyclopsgroup.org/projects/jmxterm/
Allows for command line access to JMX. I started down the path of writing a cacti data source
to use this just to see how it worked. Looks like a lot of work.

Thanks for any advice.
Aaron