cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Asif Jan <asif....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: connect to cassandra using java
Date Wed, 08 Sep 2010 09:17:13 GMT

On Sep 7, 2010, at 8:58 PM, Peter Harrison wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 8, 2010 at 3:20 AM, Asif Jan <asif.jan@gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>> Hi
>> I need to use the low level java API in order to test bulk
>> ingestion to
>> cassandra. I have already looked at the code in contrib/bmt_example
>> and
>> contrib/client_only.
>> When I try and run the following code, I get following exception ;
>> using
>> cassandra-cli I am able to see the "Keyspace1' and column family
>> 'Standard1'
>> .
>
> On the server you need to load the schema from the yaml. To do this
> you will
> need to use jconsole to connect and run the schema load method. You
> only
> need to do this once on a single node.

using jconsole to load schemas results in the following exception
being generated.

Uncaught exception in thread Thread[MIGRATION-STAGE:1,5,main]
java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException:
org.apache.cassandra.config.ConfigurationException: Cannot load from
XML on top of pre-existing schemas.
	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerGet(FutureTask.java:222)
	at
org
.apache
.cassandra
.concurrent
.DebuggableThreadPoolExecutor
.afterExecute(DebuggableThreadPoolExecutor.java:87)
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor
$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:888)
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor
$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:908)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:637)
Caused by: org.apache.cassandra.config.ConfigurationException: Cannot
load from XML on top of pre-existing schemas.
	at org.apache.cassandra.service.StorageService
$5.call(StorageService.java:1678)
	at org.apache.cassandra.service.StorageService
$5.call(StorageService.java:1673)
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor
$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:886)

I understand from FAQ

http://wiki.apache.org/cassandra/FAQ#no_keyspaces

that keyspaces are not loaded by default. What could explain that I am
able to see the kepspaces via CLI and not able to see when connecting
to same cassandra instance via java.

Thanks a lot