cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Janne Jalkanen <Janne.Jalka...@ecyrd.com>
Subject Re: OrderPreservingPartitioner for get_range_slices
Date Wed, 15 Sep 2010 18:51:56 GMT

Correct. You can use get_range_slices with RandomPartitioner too, BUT
the iteration order is non-predictable, that is, you will not know in
which order you get the rows (RandomPartitioner would probably better
be called ObscurePartitioner - it ain't random, but it's as good as if
it were ;-). This I find to be mostly useful when you want to go
through your entire keyspace, like when doing something map-reduce
like.  Or you just have a fairly small CF.

/Janne