cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Asif Jan <asif....@gmail.com>
Subject Getting client only example to work
Date Thu, 16 Sep 2010 10:48:07 GMT

Hi

I am using 0.7.0-beta1 , and trying to get the contrib/client_only
example to work.

I am running cassandra on host1, and trying to access it from host2.

When using thirft (via cassandra-cli) and in my application; I am able
to connect and do all operations as expected.

But I am not able to connect to cassandra when using the code in
client_only  (or far that matter using contrib/bmt_example). Since my
test requires to do bulk insertion of about 1.4 TB of data, so I need
to use a non-thirft interface.

The error that I am getting is follows (the keyspace and the column
family exist and can be used via Thirft) :

10/09/16 12:35:31 INFO config.DatabaseDescriptor: DiskAccessMode
'auto' determined to be mmap, indexAccessMode is mmap
10/09/16 12:35:31 INFO service.StorageService: Starting up client gossip
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Unknown
ColumnFamily Standard1 in keyspace Keyspace1
	at
org
.apache
.cassandra
.config.DatabaseDescriptor.getComparator(DatabaseDescriptor.java:1009)
	at
org
.apache.cassandra.db.ColumnFamily.getComparatorFor(ColumnFamily.java:
418)
	at gaia.cu7.cassandra.input.Ingestor.testWriting(Ingestor.java:103)
	at gaia.cu7.cassandra.input.Ingestor.main(Ingestor.java:187)

I am using the following code (from client_only example) (also passing
JVM parameter -Dstorage-config=path_2_cassandra.yaml)

	System.setProperty("storage-config","cassandra.yaml");

         testWriting();
}

// from client_only example

  private static void testWriting() throws Exception
	    {
	        StorageService.instance.initClient();
	        // sleep for a bit so that gossip can do its thing.
	        try
	        {
	            Thread.sleep(10000L);
	        }
	        catch (Exception ex)
	        {
	            throw new AssertionError(ex);
	        }

	        // do some writing.
	        final AbstractType comp =
ColumnFamily.getComparatorFor("Keyspace1", "Standard1", null);
	        for (int i = 0; i < 100; i++)
	        {
	            RowMutation change = new RowMutation("Keyspace1", ("key"
+ i).getBytes());
	            ColumnPath cp = new
ColumnPath("Standard1").setColumn(("colb").getBytes());
	            change.add(new QueryPath(cp), ("value" + i).getBytes(),
new TimestampClock(0));

	            // don't call change.apply().  The reason is that is
makes a static call into Table, which will perform
	            // local storage initialization, which creates local
directories.
	            // change.apply();

	            StorageProxy.mutate(Arrays.asList(change));
	            System.out.println("wrote key" + i);
	        }
	        System.out.println("Done writing.");
	        StorageService.instance.stopClient();