cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Aaron Morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: about insert benchmark
Date Thu, 02 Sep 2010 08:37:07 GMT
Are you running all of the inserts through one node or distributing the connections around
the cluster?

You are using the order preserving partioner, so the load around the cluster will be highly
dependant on the keys you send. Are they evenly distributed?

The JVM will tune the hot spots the longer the process is running.

The throughput difference between 100000 and 500000 is less than %1.

All seems fine.
Aaron
On 2 Sep 2010, at 18:59, ChingShen <chingshenchen@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Daniel,
>
>    I have 4 nodes in my cluster, and run a benchmark on node A in Java.
>   P.S. Replication = 3
>
> Shen
>
> On Thu, Sep 2, 2010 at 2:49 PM, vineet daniel <vineetdaniel@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Ching
>
> You are inserting using php,perl,python,java or ? and is cassandra installed locally
or on a network system and is it a single system or you have a cluster of nodes. I know I've
asked you many questions but the answers will help immensely to assess the results.